Tuesday, October 15, 2013

St. Savvas of Kalymnos saves from drowning

   
The text of the miracle in Greek (source)
   
St. Savvas of Kalymnos saves from drowning (amateur translation)
To the Abbess of the Holy Monastery of St. Savvas of Kalymnos.

First of all, I wanted to relate the event that occurred with me, and I wanted to thank you for making the effort to read my letter.

My name is Eugenia Pappas, and I am 43 years old, a resident of Athens. I have been coming here [to Kalymnos] every summer for seven years for vacation on your island together with my friend, and every year I come to the Monastery, because I believed, and I still believe within my soul, in the divine power of St. Savvas. This year, I had an accident that threatened my life. As I was in the pool at the hotel, I fainted, because I was facing a problem with my head, and I sank to the bottom of the pool. After my company was crying out, they found someone to help (thanks to the Lord and St. Savvas, and may they ever be his protectors), who pulled me out. The only thing that I remembered was that I heard a voice tell me: “Don't be afraid, my daughter, I am St. Savvas, and I will save you. Your faith in me and in God is great, and nothing bad will happen to you.” And as he was holding me, we ascended towards the mountain, and the whole area was filled with light. Then I turned around and told him: “My St. Savvas, I didn't come to you this year to venerate you.” And he replied: “It doesn't matter, my daughter; I came to you.” And all the days that I was in the Hospital, I would see him every night in my sleep, giving me courage.
   
Because I believe that this event that I experienced will benefit others, due to the protection of St. Savvas (great is his name!) I wanted to share my experience with you.
   
I thank you.
I ask of your blessing.
Eugenia Pappas
   
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

No comments: